Monday, January 23, 2012

Week 3 EOC: My Demographics

“Born between 1977 and 2000, these children of the baby boomers number 83 million, dwarfing the Gen Xers and larger even than the baby boomer segment. This group includes several age cohorts: tweens (aged 9–12), teens (13–18), and young adults (19–32). With total purchasing power of more than $733 billion, the Millennials make up a huge and attractive market. One thing that all of the Millennials have in common is their utter fluency and comfort with digital technology. They don’t just embrace technology; it’s a way of life… A recent study found that 91 percent of Millennials are on the Web, making up 32 percent of all U.S. Internet users. According to another study, 77 percent of Millennials frequent social networking sites and 71 percent use instant messaging… For them, “it’s not something separate. It’s just something they do.” (Marketing an Introduction, Armstrong Kotler, page 73&74)
This is the information I got from the text book and this is how is applies to me… I was born in 1988 and I am 24 years old now, most of what they have to say in this quote, if not everything does relate to me. I am extremely comfortable with digital technology, I did graduate from high school, and I plan on graduating from college next year in 2013. I definitely use social networks and for sure I am on the web everyday. My phone is with me all the time; I have everything on my phone and can’t live without it. I also do a lot of purchasing, even if it’s just food. I don’t really eat fast food; I love nice restaurants and the spa. I spend at least $200 a week on things that I don’t necessarily need and I don’t mind spending $500 on a spa day or $150 on a nice steak in a nice restaurant. Purchasing power is definitely apart of this demographics.

No comments:

Post a Comment