Monday, January 9, 2012

Week 1 EOC: My Voice

I absolutely love everything that has to do with fashion, from the fashion shows to the production of a new collection for a new season. I believe fashion has a way of capturing everyone’s attention, no matter who you are and what your sense of style may be. Fashion is something that I have always had a sincere passion for, which started when I was very young. Every since I could remember, I have always picked out my own clothes to wear to school, and always played “Dress Up” in my mother’s clothes. However, in my heart my true love is for the business side of it all. I am currently working in high-end retail and I must say evaluating consumer buying habits first hand has been quite an experience for me. I love giving good customer service and working with people every day. I chose high-end retail because I have an eye for detail and quality, I believe in “you pay for what you get” in most cases. So now you can understand a little better why becoming a buyer for a major designer or department store is truly my dream. I graduate in the spring of 2013 and I am preparing to study in Paris after my graduation, I believe to really understand a country’s sense of fashion you must understand their culture and why their fashion sense is the way it is. Fashion is an industry that not only constantly changes and transforms on a regular basis, but it also constantly repeats itself over time. So that means I am constantly learning new things and gaining new experiences every day. This is the only industry that I truly feel the most comfortable in and feel as if I fit perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment