Monday, January 9, 2012

Week 1 EOC: Great Customer Service


I am currently in high-end retail so I deal with customer loyalty and making sure I deliver a great customer service experience to our customers everyday. Therefore I know the importance of customer service, especially when spending a large amount of money on something that you can always buy from somewhere else and maybe even get a better deal on it. One of the best experiences I have ever had with customer service had to be at Nordstrom, they not only care about their customers but they care about the experience that their customers receive. I have had plenty of time where I brought something and regret it later, when shopping at Nordstrom’s I never have that problem. The last time I shopped at Nordstrom I was in a rush to buy a dress to go out for the evening, I didn’t try it on because I didn’t have time. I just brought the size I thought was going to fit and left in a hurry. I had to get dressed in a friend’s car in a parking garage, and go figure. The dress didn’t fit right, I had to run to the Forums shops in Caesars Palace and buy another dress. This time I tried it on and just wore it out the store. The next day when I went to Nordstrom’s to take the dress back and felt so embarrassed for many reasons. The first was because it smelt horrible, it smelt like smoke and at least 4 different perfumes, the dress was wrinkled from being sat on by whoever was sitting in the back seat, and to top it off I couldn’t find my receipt. Not only did Nordstrom return the dress for me, they were so nice and understanding. They returned my money the to my card with no problem. They truly made me a customer for life. “Good customer relationship management creates customer delight. In turn, delighted customers remain loyal and talk favorably to others about the company and its products. Studies show big differences in the loyalty of customers who are less satisfied, somewhat satisfied, and completely satisfied. Even a slight drop from complete satisfaction can create an enormous drop in loyalty. Thus, the aim of customer relationship management is to create not just customer satisfaction, but customer delight.” (Marketing Introduction, Armstrong Kotler, page 21)

No comments:

Post a Comment